For over 100 years, The Bradley Center has helped thousands of children rediscover hope.
How the Bradley Story Began
Our doors first opened in 1905, when The United Methodist Women established an orphanage and interim housing facility for Pittsburgh-area children whose parents were separated or divorced. Originally known as The Elizabeth A. Bradley Home for Children, our organization was renamed as The Bradley Center in 1972.
In 1991, The Bradley Center was reorganized by a new non-denominational, community-based Board of Trustees. Under this new leadership, our organization has grown to become an accredited educational institution and a behavioral healthcare and child welfare system that serves youth and families throughout Pennsylvania and West Virginia.
Over the years, our mission has evolved with the needs of the children we serve.
Today, our teachers, staff, and volunteers are grateful to continue in the tradition of mentorship, guidance, and individualized care for children that our founders first began more than a century ago.
“Children are the living messages we send to a time we will not see.”